Library Lovers Month!
The American Library Association has designated February as “Library Lovers Month.” This is a time for everyone to recognize the important role libraries play in the cultural and economic success of local communities and the nation as a whole. Residents of the Big Sky Community are encouraged to show how much they love their local community library this month.
Ways you can support your library
● Donate your time or expertise to your library
● Become a member of the FOL. Visit the website at bigskylibrary.org
● Honor a friend or a relative with a book or a shelf….over 110 shelves have been donated since our opening in 2000.
♥ Be A Friend
● Volunteer to help with preparation of books.
● Volunteer to help shelve books, work used book sales and other
Links to some timely information...
- Online books: Free online books library for students, teachers and the Classic enthusiast!
- www.ted.com/talks: TED is a global set of conferences owned by the private non-profit Sapling Foundation, under the slogan "ideas worth spreading". TED was founded in 1984 as a one-off event. The annual conference began in 1990, in Monterey, California.
- visitbigskymt.com/big-sky-events: Find out about upcoming events in the area.
- www.dmv.org/how-to-guides/emergency-kit.php: It's important that you are prepared in the event of an emergency. Create your own emergency car kit today.
- www.freekidscrafts.com: This website provides a different project each day!
- www.daily-motivational-quote.com: A wonderful site to search quotes of all kinds, or sign up to receive a daily inspirational quote. "Happiness is where we find it, but rarely where we seek it." -J. Petit Senn
- themoth.org: True stories told live. The Moth has gained worldwide audiences through its podcasts and touring shows in which storytellers explore specific themes, often in unexpected ways. Coming to the Warren Miller Performing Arts Center, February 2014. (www.warrenmillerpac.org/event/the-moth-mainstage).