- Donate your time, or expertise to your library
- Become an FOL member...pick up a membership form at the library or join at by clicking here
- Honor a friend or a relative with a book or a shelf
February is .......
Love Your Library Month
Library Lovers' Month is a month-long celebration of school, public, and private libraries of all types. This is a time for everyone to recognize the value of libraries and consider different ways to show their support.
Ways you can support your library:
♥Be A Friend
- Donate your used books for the Friends Used Book Sale or the Books for Soldiers Program
- Volunteer to help shelve books, work used book sales and other Fundraisers. FOL meet first and third Wednesdays at 10:00 am in the library.
For fun ideas and daily activities to do with your child click here.
Links to some timely information...
- Online books: Free online books library for students, teachers and the Classic enthusiast!
- www.overdrive.com : Borrow eBooks, audio books, and more from your local library-anywhere, anytime. All you need is a library card.
- www.sparklestories.com : Sparkle is an online resource for high-quality au-dio stories for children and families. Each week Sparkle Stories delivers de-lightful audio stories to subscribers of all ages. Also, check out their colorful blog filled with craft and game ideas, snacks and all things FUN!
- www.soundcloud.com : Explore the largest community of artists, bands, pod-casters and creators of music & audio.
- Investor.gov : Site of the U.S. Security and Exchange Com-missions’ Office of Investor Education and Advocacy which provides tips on how to invest wisely and avoid fraud.
: Through a citizens' toolkit of free services, programs and materials, this national non-partisan, non-profit effort researches, tracks and provides to the public independent factual information on over 13,000 candi-dates and elected officials.