Young Readers Choice Award
Are you always looking for the next good read?
Consider reading the Young Reader's Choice Nominees
and then vote for the one you like best.
YOUR OPINION MATTERS!
Young Reader's Choice Award, given by the Pacific Northwest Library Association, allows 4th through 12th graders in that region to vote for the winner. Unlike most other awards, the nominees have been published three years before the awards, so they are already favorites in the minds of the voters.
Voting takes place between March 15 and April 15 of 2014. That gives you almost a year to read the eight books in your division. (Click here to refer to the list of books.) Challenge yourself! If you are interested, stop in the Library and talk to the librarian and we will keep track of your reading.
2013 Young Reader's Choice
- Junior Division (4th - 6th): Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
- Intermediate Division (6th - 8th): Smile by Raina Telgemeir
- Senior Division (9th - 12th): Crazy by Han Nolan
What Should I Read Next?
- YALSA - Young Adult Library Service Association: Lists of teen award-winning books. Click on Book Awards/Book & Media Lists www.ala.org/yalsa.
- Teen Top Ten: Selected by teens for teens - www.ala.org/teenstopten/
- Library Booklists: http://Librarybooklists.org/fiction/ya/yageneral.htm#yadv - Links to a host of library booklists on a variety of topics for young adults.
- Booklists by Theme: The Boston Public Library site is a wonderful resource. Explore the site... http://www.bpl.org/teens
- Ask your librarian for book suggestions anytime!!
Did you know that the library catalog
has a feature called Destiny Quest?
What: Destiny Quest is a visually engaging library search interface designed to appeal to the 21st century learner. Students in Lone Peak High School have already tried it out!!!
Where: Go to the Library Catalog and click on Destiny Quest on the left hand side of the page. Follow the menu to setup an account and get started personalizing and sharing your Library.